Dear Great Horned Owl Families -
Welcome to our 2021-2022 School Year!
Ms. Bahareh has been busy getting the classroom ready while I was in training all summer long. It was a pleasure to meet so many new families last week and give your child the opportunity to check-out their new classroom. We are very excited to see our returning and new students on Monday for another scholastic year of learning.
On Monday your child will need a few things to school:
- besides their lunch, a snack (fresh fruit or vegetable or lean protein…usually cheese stick) a washable placemat and cloth napkin for lunch (these will come and go with them each day)
- water bottle
- sketch book for art (please no larger than 9x11 in order to fit their cubby)
- mask (we have a few at-risk students and family members in our classroom community. In consideration of their needs, I strongly recommend and request that your child wear a mask everyday to help keep our classroom safe and open)
name labels on water bottle, lunch box, placemat, cloth napkin, and when the weather cools down, on sweaters and jackets.
close-toe shoes are best, especially for running during recess or P.E. activities.
While we supply basic common school materials, the following are optional items some students have found helpful to have:
- Pentel Hi-polymer Block Eraser - these erase much better and last an average of 3 months compared to the common red block eraser.
- Tombow Mono Sand and Rubber Eraser - for erasing color pencil markings
- Palomino Blackwing 602 pencils (I’m only including this because some children have seen me use this type of pencil and they want them, too…so here is the information in case you need it)
In terms of lunch, we at Keystone encourage healthy lunches with minimal packaging and waste. We eat in a much formal manner and thus provide plates and utensils for use in the classroom. We have a microwave for students to heat up their lunches. We ask to send food that only requires 30 seconds or less to reheat so all the students may have time to eat lunch. We plan to eat our lunches outside while the COVID numbers remain high. Elementary children are quite capable in packing their own lunch, so please assist them in learning to do this at home. Remind them to bring healthy choices. On Fridays, we will relax the rules and allow them to bring a treat like a cookie or brownie. No candy is part of this exception.
For communication, please don’t hesitate to send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will get back to you within 48 hours. If it is something more urgent, please call the school. If I am not in the middle of a lesson, I can speak for a couple of minutes and then we can have a longer chat after school. Every month I will post an update of the things we have done in the classroom, any important dates you may need to be aware of, and other announcements. Please don’t hit “respond” on emails that come via SchoolCues, such as this one, since your respond will go somewhere but not to me or anyone at school. It is only a one-way message. E-mail me to my address above if you need to respond.
We want to thank you ahead of time for your support in having your child ready to learn every morning.
Ms. Bahareh and Mr. Jess
8/16 - Ari
8/19 - Gavin
8/28 - Nik
Dates to Remember:
8/4 Classroom Meeting at 6 pm
8/17 Volunteer Meeting at 6 pm
8/27 Fall Pictures & Early Release